In this revised and expanded second edition of the bestselling Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns, Thomas Bulkowski updates the classic with new performance statistics for both bull and bear markets and 23 new patterns, including a second section devoted to ten event patterns. Bulkowski tells you how to trade the significant events - such as quarterly earnings announcements, retail sales, stock upgrades and downgrades - that shape today's trading and uses statistics to back up his approach. This comprehensive new edition is a must-have reference if you're a technical investor or trader. Place your order today. "The most complete reference to chart patterns available. It goes where no one has gone before. Bulkowski gives hard data on how good and bad the patterns are. A must-read for anyone that's ever looked at a chart and wondered what was happening." - Larry Williams, trader and author of Long-Term Secrets to Short-Term Trading.
The Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns, recognized as the premier reference on chart pattern analysis, extends its lead with this Second Edition. This definitive text includes new bull and bear market statistics, performance sorted by volume shape and trend, more than a dozen additional chart patterns, and a new section covering ten event patterns. Significant eventssuch as earnings announcements, stock upgrades and downgradesshape today's trading, and Bulkowski gives readers the best information on what happens after those events occur. He also shows you how to trade them and uses reliable statistics to back it all up.
In each chapter of Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns, Second Edition you'll learn the following about each pattern:
- Results SnapshotA statistical summary of pattern behavior, including its performance rank, breakeven failure rate, average rise or declineall separated by breakout direction and market type (bull or bear)
- TourA broad introduction to the pattern
- Identification Guidelines Characteristics to look for
- Focus on FailuresWhat failed patterns look like, why they failed, and how to avoid them
- StatisticsThe numbers and what they tell you, separated into bull/bear markets and breakout direction, including average rise or decline, failure rates, volume shapes, performance by size, and busted pattern performance
- Trading TacticsStrategies to increase profits and minimize risk
- Sample TradePuts it all together, showing the chart pattern in action, with hypothetical or actual trades using real data
- For Best PerformanceA table of selection tips to boost performance
Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns, Second Edition also includes summary tables ranking chart- and event-pattern performance for easy reference; a glossary; a chapter on methodology explaining what each statistical table entry means and how it was calculated; and a visual index to make chart pattern identification a snap.
The result is today's most comprehensive and valuable technical analysis referenceone that will save you critical time in identifying chart patterns and increase your likelihood of buying near the price bottom and selling near the top.